Philip Johnson has been a software developer since 1983 and has been involved with Abraquest since 2004. He is the director of Spherical Software Limited (www.sphericalsoftware.com), the company that owns Abraquest.
Coming soon: Software assurance customers can print barcodes
Coming soon in Abraquest v3: Customers who have Abraquest Software Assurance can print their own barcodes.
In line with our strategy of including as many things as possible into Abraquest Software Assurance but without increasing the yearly cost, we will be allowing customers to print their own labels. For customers who prefer not to however, we can also provide labels ourselves as we always have done.
Prior to Abraquest v3, customers had the option of printing spine labels, and also pupil barcodes if used, or they could ask us to print them.
Now that suitable printers are much more commonplace, we are adding all possible options to Abraquest for Abraquest Software Assurance customers.
Customers will have the option of purchasing from us, and we will still continue to send the free labels with every Abraquest Software Assurance renewal.
The new options are:
- Print Barcodes. This will allow either large or small barcodes to be printed.
- Print Spine Labels. This is a sophisticated option that remembers any books you have added or changed and allows you to print.
- Print Shelf Labels. If you label your shelves, this option allows labels to be printed for the shelves.
- Print Library Map. We are calling it a map at present unless anyone has any better ideas. This prints out a key showing all locations and dewey colours.
- Print Pupil Barcodes. For schools that use pupil barcodes, this option is also available on Borrower Maintenance.
As always if you have any questions please be in touch.
Speak to an expert
Book a free consultation
Book a free no obligation consultation today! Our experienced consultant will ask questions and explain in clear english how Abraquest can help you and answer all the questions you have.